Wednesday 30 November 2016

BAH humbug



... is it an elf or is it a gnome?

It was a gnome, now he is an elf, helping Santa.

Isn't he adorable?

The image is Norman from the Gnomes In My Garden digital stamp set from Beccy's Place.
I coloured him using Copic markers in muted Christmas colours to match his BAH humbug attitude.  I fussy cut him out and went around the edges with a Memento marker.
The foliage and berries at the top are my version of mistletoe.

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Beccy's Place - digital stamp - Norman from the Gnomes In My Garden set
X-Press It - A5 blending card
Copic markers - beard - 0 C0 C1
Copic markers - skin - E50 E51
Copic markers - hat - R14 R17
Copic markers - shoes - E25 E27 E29
Memento Dual Tip Marker - Tuxedo Black
Cottage Cutz die - foliage - Spruce Stems
berries - Queen & Co - red goosebumps coloured with Copic R17
Kaisercraft - 12x12 patterned paper - Dream Big Collection - Reflect

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges (alphabetical order):
~~~*~~~*~~~
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Challenge #169 - Anything Goes + a Sentiment

~~~*~~~*~~~
Beccy's Place
A Month Of Holiday Cards
All challenge entries are via this post.
~~~*~~~*~~~
I have used a gnome who thinks he is an elf
~~~*~~~*~~~
~~~*~~~*~~~
~~~*~~~*~~~
~~~*~~~*~~
Norman the gnome makes for a very non traditional elf
~~~*~~~*~~~
the challenge this month is to use dies
   
~~~*~~~*~~~
~~~*~~~*~~~
with Kathy Racoosin from The Daily Marker
#thedailymarker30day
All challenge entries are linked via her Day 1 post.
~~~*~~~*~~~
The Paper Shelter
Challenge # 275 - A Christmas Card
~~~*~~~*~~~

27 comments:

  1. Heh heh... love the sentiment on this one Tracy, and I like how you've put the bundle of branches above the little image, it makes me think of mistletoe. Great job!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beccy :)
      I was so inspired by your "A little help from my friends" post that I have several gnomish Christmas cards planned!

      Delete
  2. Too cute! My husband is a "bah humbug" collector. I'll have to "steal" your idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Suzanne :)
      How cool, you will have heaps of fun making one of these for him! CONGRATULATONS on your amazing effort in creating so many cards for Beccy's "A Month Of Holiday Cards", you must have all your cards ready for this Christmas now! I had great plans but sadly didn't get to make as many as you, so my December 1st mailing plans are going to be delayed a bit.

      Delete
  3. You so need to send me this card. It would become a permanent part of my Christmas decor-I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beth :)
      ... I'll see what I can do about making another one!

      Delete
  4. Love this card, such a great idea to use this image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! SO CUTE, Tracy! Are you SURE this gnome has turned over a new leaf to help Santa? He still seems rather bah-humbug to me! LOL I like the color choices in your card being more on the cooler shades of the spectrum - makes your card different from all the others - and I especially like greenery at the top! Delightful creation. My husband would LOVE that card! It must have been fun to make, too! Great job with Beccy's little gnome! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Donna :)
      I was thrilled with how he turned out and think I will have to use the rest of Beccy's gnomes to make some more!
      Hope you make some too!

      Delete
  6. PS - I am your newest google follower! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!

    Thanks you for sharing this creation wih us at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whether he fancies himself as a Gnome or an Elf his welcome on my challenge. He is rather cute. I have to say that rather quietly as I have two very disruptive elves residing with me at present on my other blog. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. Hope to see you again and good luck :)
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Gnome. He is adorable and love the layered boughs over his head.
    Hugs, Kathy The Daily Marker

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous and wonderful thank you for joining us over on
    Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge
    Dianne xx
    HJCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is absolutely adorable, love the little embellishment at the top of the card. Your card making skills are over-the-top

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.