Wednesday 16 August 2017

Inky Christmas wishes

Yes, it is looking very Christmassy at our house at the moment.
At this rate I will have all our Christmas cards ready to be posted on time this year!

Today I have used the Pine Sprig digital stamp by QKR Stampede,
a recent addition to my digital stamp collection.



I printed the image on A5 X-Press It blending card using a laser printer, heat set, trimmed to size (3 1/2" x 5") then coloured with Copic markers.  I took the image panel, used my MISTI to align the sentiment perfectly before stamping it twice to give a solid dark result.  I confess that I have developed a strong love of my clear and unmounted rubber stamps since getting the MISTI, it makes getting a clean, crisp result so easy, each and every time.

I printed another set of images on plain cardstock, applied some X-Press It Mask It over the image, then fussy cut the image out using micro tip scissors.  I cut the mask slightly smaller by trimming into the outer edge smaller.  Having the mask slightly smaller ensures that you don't get any white zones around the image after it is removed.  I peeled the mask off and carefully aligned it with the image and smoothed it down firmly.  I applied Bundled Sage Distress Ink to the image panel using a small round blending tool, being careful around the edges of the mask.
Once the ink blending was complete, I wiped off the mask and carefully peeled it off.
I added a touch of Wink of Stella sparkle to the golden bells.






I adhered wood panel patterned paper to an A5 top folding card base, trimmed off the paper edges and the excess card from the bottom.  I know it makes for an odd size card but it allowed me to use most of the 6 1/2" wood panelled patterned paper.

I trimmed a length of burlap to be slightly larger than the image panel and applied a dollop of liquid adhesive to the middle at the back before aligning it on the card front.

Lucky last came the image panel.  I applied quite a bit of liquid adhesive to the back and aligned it over the burlap.



*** INGREDIENTS ***
Copic markers - bells - Y000-00-11-15 + YR23
Copic markers - pine cones - E55-57-59
Copic markers - ribbons - R22-24-27
Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush
MISTI - THE Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Fiskars - Simple Stick Repositionable Rubber Stamps - Holiday Hooplah
X-Press It - Mask It
Distress Ink - Bundled Sage
Mini Round Ink Blending Tool
burlap
Kaisercraft - 6 1/2" paper pad - Basecoat
I LOVE this collection and confess that I was thrilled to find another pad
to add to my stash today!  I highly recommend you try and search it out.
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers & burlap

~~~*~~~*~~~
I hope I have inspired you to get creative.
You still have time to enter Challenge #166 - Add Some Stamping with Team Lou with us at the Southern Girls.  Full details can be found HERE.
I look forward to seeing your work shared in the challenge gallery and remember, we are not just a card blog, we love to see scrapbook layouts, artjournal pages and all types of papercraft.

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges (alphabetical order):

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card; very stylish!
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, and great to see a QKR Stampede image! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great make. Thanks for joining us in our week 32 Anything Goes challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy! This is such a nice Christmas card, that would be great for anyone! Thanks for sharing with us at CHNC Extra! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Christmas card, love the image and the colour combo.
    Thanks for joining in with our P,Q and R challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.